Numerous businesses have been making their move to the digital way of running their organization. This is made possible by the surfacing of various cloud support platforms which allow businesses to manage not just their data but also apps and basic operations. There are a number of reasons why people today choose cloud managed services over managed IT services and here are some of the justifications why:-
- Remote access – The biggest merits of adopting this system is to enjoy secure access to all your data, aps and software that are linked to your business. This means you are no longer restricted to accessing or controlling these systems from where they are based in your headquarters. You can do basically do your tasks from anywhere in the world using your phone or PC.
- Reliable option – it is apparently very costly to have a reliable uptime that you and your customers can count on when starting a business. Most cloud platforms will give you 99.99% uptime for your system for a reasonable budget which could have otherwise cost your business a fortune to manage. This is part of the reason cloud services are effective when compared to the traditional managed services systems.
- Data security – Aside from the flexibility of cloud services, your business can also enjoy improved data security. It will have all of its data stored in one central location with ideal security measures that will limit of not prevent any unauthorized access cases. It gives you better security protection that what your budget would have afforded you ultimately.
Managed IT services
Managed IT services is but a section of cloud services that allows IT firms to help small businesses manage their IT obligations from internal resources like machinery and software technology while handling most of the security and data concerns they may have. It was a common technique until businesses starting opening up their minds to better offers from cloud services platforms. Among the numerous options you get by choosing managed IT services include file sharing, infrastructure as a service, software as a service and desktop as a service. You should expect various stages of IT support from them including these.
- Proper network connections
- Virus and problematic software solutions
- IT strategy for growth management
- Backups, disaster and data recovery
Having assessed how managed It services work and their shortcomings, it is clearer on the merits of working with cloud services directly today. Aside from cutting down costs, it might be the right option to use for your scalability and flexibility ultimately.